Like the messages they share, our 925 sterling silver Codebreaker Bracelets are designed to last forever. However, should they start to lose their shine, they can quickly and easily be restored with a simple cleaning, using household ingredients. Show your Codebreaker some love by following this jewelry care guide, including preventative tips as well as methods to keep your bracelet sparkling clean.
"More than anything, keeping your Codebreaker in the best shape comes down to the steps you take on a day-to-day basis to care for it. Here’s how to prevent tarnishing and the build-up of dirt to ensure you’re wearing clean sterling silver at all times:
· Wear your bracelet often
· Avoid spraying it with perfume, hairspray, or other sprays
· Never use harsh chemicals like bleach near your bracelet
· Take your bracelet off before swimming, showering, or exposing it to any moisture
· Clean with a soft, anti-tarnish cloth after you take it off
· Store in the protective bag it came in
· Keep in a cool, dry, and dark place
How to Clean Sterling Silver
Method 1: Soap + Water
You don’t need to run out and buy a jewelry cleanser to clean sterling silver – a simple mixture of soap and water is a great place to start. Follow these jewelry care instructions to restore your bracelet’s shine in under ten minutes:
1. Mix three drops of liquid dish soap to a half a cup of warm water until it foams
2. Submerge your bracelet in the mixture
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Gently rub the solution along the surface of your bracelet using a soft toothbrush or cloth
5. Rinse bracelet completely in warm water
6. Dry using a jewelry polishing cloth
Method 2: Baking Soda + Water
If your Codebreaker still isn’t sparkling after using soap and water, you may need to bring in another natural cleanser that will be more effective in cleaning sterling silver. Grab some baking soda and follow the sterling silver jewelry care tips below:
1. Mix a few drops of water with a tablespoon of baking soda to create a paste
2. Gently rub the paste all over your bracelet
3. Leave for 5 minutes
4. Rinse your bracelet with warm water
5. Dry using a jewelry polish cloth
If neither of these methods is doing the trick, we recommend taking your Codebreaker Bracelet to a professional jewelry cleaner. They will be able to fully clean and polish your bracelet. Keep in mind that Sterling Silver does change slightly in appearance over time and this evolution is normal. Your Codebreaker bracelet will only become more beautiful and unique as you wear it.
How to polish sterling silver without a polishing cloth?
You can polish sterling silver using a microfiber cloth or a soft toothbrush, it doesn’t need to be one that is specific to sterling silver. Do not use paper towels as they can scratch the silver. Start by fully cleaning the jewelry and then buff gently to dry.
How do you clean sterling silver with toothpaste?
You can use toothpaste instead of baking soda to clean sterling silver jewelry. Simply rub the toothpaste on every surface of your jewelry, wait five minutes, rinse in warm water and dry immediately with a cloth.
How to clean a silver bracelet with vinegar?
To clean your jewelry using vinegar, mix a solution with ½ cup of white vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Put your jewelry in the solution and let it sit for two hours. Rinse and dry completely.